Sunday, June 30, 2013
Simple Health Myths / Mistakes
1. Skipping meals - it slows down your metabolism and kicks your body into starvation mode, this causes the body to cling to fat because it feels it needs it in order to survive.
2. Living by the scale - remember that weight is not always a sign of health, your health is more than just a number ( trying to reach a certain scale goal can cause you to do unhealthy things which can only add more stress.
3. Diet foods are better - diet sodas, diet meals and sugar free foods are full of hidden chemicals that can actually result in more weight gain.
4. Cut out all fats - there are healthy fats that are good for your body and your body needs it to lose weight the right way! mono-saturated and polyunsaturated fats are good for you, lowering cholesterol and reducing the risk of heart disease.
5. Over-exercising - Don't think that working out three times a day will get you better results, or you can cancel out your bad eating habit with over-exercising! it can actually slow your process down and damage your body, moderation is key!
6. Carbs are bad for you - carbs are not the enemy to weight loss, the right type of carbs found in fruits and whole grain can boost your health